Bible du Semeur Study Bible, New Edition - Brown Soft Cover
the Semeur Study Bible is the work of a team of French-speaking evangelical theologians. It is based on the text of the Semeur Bible, 2015 edition and contains:
Introductions that prepare for reading
- A general introduction to the biblical canon (Old Testament and New Testament).
- Introductions to the different biblical corpuses: Pentateuch, Prophets, synoptic gospels, letters of Paul.
- An introduction to each biblical book, dealing with questions of author, historical context, dating, structure and theological significance.
- Notes of verses which, by providing elements of a historical and geographical, exegetical and sometimes theological nature, make it possible to better understand the meaning of a verse, to identify the stakes of its interpretation and the debates it gives rise to , to situate it in the context of biblical theology. Manuscript discrepancies are also noted.
- Section notes that clear the gist of the teaching of a set of verses and highlight the development of the author's thinking in the book.
- The biblical references located in the column between the text and the notes make it possible to find parallel passages, either to the word, or to the expression, or to the entire verse, and are indicated in the text by the letters a, b , c.
Illustrations, inset plates and color maps
- 53 tables, summaries, chronologies, plans and maps.
- 12 color maps that allow you to locate the events of the biblical story.
- An index of characters, peoples and places.
- A thematic index.
- An index of the main notes (A.T. and N.T.) grouping the notes which develop an important biblical theme.
- An index showing each place inscribed on the 12 color maps.
What's new in the revised 2018 edition
- A clearer, more readable presentation in two colors.
- Additional section notes on the majority of Bible books.
- Summary notes on the five major parts of the Book of Psalms.
- Fully revised explanatory notes.
Table of contents
Edition : Excelsis
ISBN : 978-2-7550-0328-4
Pages : 2320
Weight : 1.655 kg
Release : March 2018
Dimensions : 18 x 25 x 4.8 cm
Format : connected