Run to win the prize (Courir pour remporter le prix)
Can I lose salvation if I give up the faith or sin? Is Perseverance Necessary to Be Saved? Can the assurance of my salvation lead me to nonchalance?
These questions often confuse Christians. The Bible provides clear and precise answers.
The scriptures are replete with exhortations to persevere in the faith but also with warnings of failure. How to understand them?
In Running to win the prize, Thomas Schreiner delivers to a careful and detailed examination of these warnings in the New Testament. It takes an in-depth look at the subject of perseverance and the assurance of salvation by faith alone. Enough to encourage Christians to rejoice and reject any form of laxity.
The author makes a vibrant appeal to us for confidence, vigilance and endurance in this race which will end in the presence of the Lord.
This book will help you:
- Gain an insightful overview of the doctrine of perseverance.
- Understand the purpose of biblical warnings against abandoning the faith.
- Do not live constantly in fear of losing your salvation.
- Stay alert and persevere to the end in this race to win the prize.
Highlights of the book:
- A solid and precise interpretation of the texts on the subject.
- A major theme addressed in depth.
- Short and concise, without being simplistic.
- Any Christian who wants to understand this doctrine of perseverance.
- Teachers and students of Bible institutes.
- Pastors and elders.
“Thomas Schreiner gives a solid and precise interpretation of the warnings against abandoning the faith in the New Testament. It also emphasizes the importance of perseverance in the Christian life, which rebalances our view of salvation. A short, balanced and useful book! "
- Jérémie Biancheri, pastor of the Evangelical Protestant Church Saône Vallée
Table of contents
1. Exhortations to perseverance
2. How to understand biblical warnings
3. Persevering in the faith does not mean being perfect
4. Perseverance in the faith is not a justification by works
5. Faith, assurance and warnings
Meditation: attention! walk by faith alone
Index of Bible references
Original title : Run to win the prize
Author : Thomas R. Schreiner
Publication : June 2020
ISBN : 978-2-35843-133-0
Pages : 120 < br> Dimensions : 14 x 21 cm
Format : paperback
Weight : 148 g