Twelve Extraordinary Women (Audiobook) (Douze Femmes extraordinaires (livre audio))
** Audiobook in .mp3 format **
We should not be surprised that women have played such an important role in God's plan revealed in the Old and New Testaments, given their courage, vision, hospitality and their spiritual gifts. If the women studied in this book were extraordinary, it was not because of their natural abilities, but because of the power of the one true God that they worshiped and served.
In Twelve Extraordinary Women you will learn much more than fascinating information about these women, but through their lives you will discover - perhaps for the first time - the unmistakable timeline of God's redemptive work in history. These women were at the very heart of his plan, they were not incidental to it. And their wonderful stories are told in this book.
You will be challenged and motivated by this poignant and personal look into the lives of some of the most faithful women in the Bible. The struggles they have fought and the temptations they have had to overcome are the same trials that all believers face throughout. And the God to whom they were so devoted is the same God who continues to mold and use “ordinary” people of our time.
Table of contents
1. Eve: mother of all living
2. Sara: Hope Against All Hope
3. Rahab: A Shameful Life Redeemed
4. Ruth: loyalty and love
5. Anne: a portrait of feminine grace
6. Mary: blessed among women
7. Anne: the faithful witness
8. The Samaritan Woman: In Search of the Water of Life
9. Martha and Mary: work and adoration
10. Mary of Magdala: freed from darkness
11. Lydia: God opens a welcoming heart
About the author
Original title : Twelve extraordinary women
Author : MacArthur, John
Publisher : Impact
Publication : 2010
ISBN : 978-2-89082-467-6
Format : MP3
Duration : 7.8 hours
Read by : Tiffany Sagnol
* Obtain the study guide to deepen the subject in groups or in a personal way.