Introduction to Evangelical Theology (Introduction à la théologie évangélique)
In recent years, the term “evangelical” has lost almost all meaning. It has come to designate a political trend or term that sociologists use about Christians affiliated with certain denominations or institutions. The adjective "evangelical" has come to mean everything and nothing.
In this book, Kevin DeYoung and several other evangelical Christian leaders remind us that this term has value, provided it is charged with a theological meaning that expresses itself in a particular way in ethical spheres, social and ecclesiastical.
Through different themes, such as God, the Gospel, the new birth, justification, sanctification, the kingdom and Jesus Christ, the authors of this book wish to make known to young Christians, to recent Christians converted or untrained the fundamental teachings of our faith.
Table of contents
1. God: A Different Being - Jonathan Leeman
2. Scripture: How is the Bible an Unequaled Book? - Andy Naselli
3. The Gospel: God takes the place of sinners - Greg Gilbert
4. The New Birth: “You must be born again” - Ben Peays
5. Justification: why prefer the news of "Lord our righteousness" to that of "Lord our model" - Jay Harvey
6. Sanctification: Self-Pity Is Not Enough - Owen Strachan
7. The kingdom: heaven after earth, heaven on earth or a radically different reality? - Russel Moore
8. Jesus Christ: the only way and our only hope - Tim Challies
Authors : Jonathan Leeman, Andy Naselli, Greg Gilbert, Ben Peays, Jay Harvey, Owen Strachan, Russell Moore, Tim Challies
Editor : Kevin DeYoung
Publisher : Impact
Publication : July 2018
ISBN : 978-2-89082-327-3
Pages : 140
Dimensions : 5.5 "x 8.5"
Format : paperback
Weight : 176 g < / p>
Blog articlesGod: A different being - Gospel21
The Doctrine of God and the Rest of Theology - Return to the Gospel
What is sanctification? A Theological Insight - Returning to the Gospel
Two Problematic Ways of Understanding Justification - Returning to the Gospel
The new birth: why is it necessary? - Return to the Gospel
The Bible, a book that is all you need: sufficiency - Return to the Gospel < br> The worship of the Triune God - Returning to the Gospel
The power and fullness of the one God - Returning to the Gospel