The sovereignty of God (La souveraineté de Dieu)
Is God the absolute sovereign in his creation or has he left free will, the ability to choose the right, to human beings? Does man's eternal destiny depend on man alone, on a combination of man's efforts and the grace of God, or on God alone? If God is the absolute ruler, what about the responsibility of man?
These are the questions Arthur Pink sets out to answer in this book.
These are pages written by an author well known around the world. They invite the reader to reflect. Their main purpose is to faithfully declare the message of salvation proclaimed by the Bible and to free current believers from the bondage under which human notions have imprisoned them.
In the grace of God, the truth of a sovereign God will engender a responsible Church filled with genuine worship.
Arthur Pink (1886-1952) - Born in Nottingham, England, he served as a pastor in Great Britain, the United States and Australia. He was for many years the editor of a magazine called Studies in the Scriptures , from which most of his writing is derived. He is the author of They will never perish (the perseverance of the saints) and He who speaks of the cross . He died in the town of Stornoway, on an island in the north of Scotland.
Table of contents
1. The Sovereignty of God Today
2. Definition of the Sovereignty of God
3. The Sovereignty of God in Creation
4. The Sovereignty of God in the Administration of Worldly Affairs
5. The Sovereignty of God in Salvation
6. God's Sovereignty in Action
7. The Sovereignty of God and the Responsibility of Man
8. The Sovereignty of God and Prayer
9. Our attitude towards the sovereignty of God
10. The value of this doctrine
Original title : The Sovereignty of God
Author : Arthur Pink
Publisher : Europresse
ISBN : 978-2-914562-50-8
Pages : 185
Weight : 238 g
Legal deposit : 2009
Dimensions : 5.43 "x 8.5"
Format : paperback