The God Who is There (Le Dieu qui est là)
Do you really know what the Bible is about?
Most people, even Christians, have very little Bible knowledge. How can we know the story of God - and our own - if the Bible is not more familiar to us? In this Introduction to Faith, D.A. Carson leads us through the great history of Scripture to help us understand what we believe and why we believe it.
“ The God Who Is There by Don Carson is unique and important in many ways. This is neither a traditional systematic theology nor a general study of the Bible. This book analyzes the entire biblical account through the prism of God's character and actions. Within the framework of the ministry, it can be used for evangelization, since it exposes the doctrine of God with the same care as Paul in the midst of the Areopagus in Acts 17. He also accomplishes the task of the catechisms of the Reformation, by providing Christians with an anchor in basic biblical beliefs and behaviors. Get this book at all costs! "
- Tim Keller, pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York
Why read the book?
- You want to get out of the routine and want to understand more about God.
- You have no idea how to relate Bible events to each other.
- You don't know where to start.
Highlights of the book
- The author is a renowned theologian.
- Reference documents
- The text is easy to read and very educational.
- Any non-believer motivated to discover the Bible.
- Any believer who would like to relate his fragmented knowledge.
- Anyone who wants to see God revealed in his word.
Table of contents
1 The God who created everything
2 The God who does not destroy rebels
4 The God who legislates
5 The God who reigns
6 The God who is infinitely wise
7 The God who becomes a human being
8 The God who grants new birth
9 The God who loves
10 The God who dies… and lives again
11 The God who just declares the guilty
12 The God who gathers and transforms his people
13 The God who is very angry
14 The God who triumphs
Original title: The God Who is There
Author: DA CARSON
Subtitle: Finding one's place in God's plan
Publication : February 2015
Dimensions: 15 x 22 cm
ISBN: 978-2-35843-018- 0
Weight : 430 g
Format : paperback