How to deal with someone whose gender identity does not match their biological sex? How should Christians understand and approach this situation?
We are currently witnessing an undeniable cultural upheaval. Twenty or thirty years ago, same-sex marriage was inconceivable; today, such a union is widely accepted in the Western world. The transgender issue has now become the major social, ethical and cultural subject. She makes the headlines.
Vaughan Roberts studies the Bible's perspective on this to answer the many complex questions surrounding gender identity. This book provides an overview and provides us with a starting point for constructive discussions on how to love, serve and reach transgender people.
Ethics Questions is a collection of concise books designed to help Christians reflect on major contemporary concerns and communicate on these issues with compassion, conviction and wisdom. Bonus: A discussion guide to use alone or in groups.
This book will help you
- Develop a correct Christian understanding of transgender issues.
- Approach the subject constructively, with conviction and wisdom.
- Develop genuine compassion and love for those who struggle with these issues.
- To discover the love and hope that we have in Christ, and to share it with those around you.
Highlights of the book
- Accessible, practical and concise tool.
- Topical social, ethical and cultural subject.
- Discussion guide for further reflection, alone or in groups.
- Anyone who wants to understand the Christian perspective on the transgender issue.
- Any Christian facing the transgender issue.
- Any Christian who wants to build convictions and equip themselves to adopt the right reactions and attitudes when the time comes.
Vaughan Roberts is pastor of St. Ebbe Church in Oxford. A preacher and popular speaker, he is the author of Panorama de la Bible at Éditions Farel and of Transgenre , Assisted suicide , Pornography and Abortion at Éditions Clé.
In this concise book on a complex subject, Vaughan Roberts combines the traditional Christian understanding of gender and the body, with a very careful, loving and understanding stance towards transgender people. The two hardly ever go together, and that's why this book is so good!
-Timothy Keller, pastor and author of many bestsellers
Table of contents
Introduction to transgender
The transgender fact
Chapter 1 The “iWorld”
Chapter 2 The creation
Chapter 3 The fall
Chapter 4 The rescue
Chapter 5 The wisdom
Chapter 6 Further reading
Original title : Transgender
Publisher : Clé
Author : Vaughan Roberts
ISBN : 978-2-35843-140-8
Dimensions : 14 x 21 cm
Pages : 83
Weight : 108 g