Honesty, Morality, and Conscience (Vivre avec sa conscience)
In the list of fuzzy and difficult notions, consciousness undoubtedly figures prominently. It is the source of many errors, from abusive guilt to unbounded license. Very real and yet intangible, it is changeable depending on the moment and the individual. Yet it is mentioned in the Bible as one of the ways that God speaks to us and can guide us if we develop it the right way.
This is not a moral book, nor a theological approach to the subject. Based on the teaching of the Scriptures and the author's lived experience, this book deals as pragmatically as possible with topics such as:
- honesty and ethics at work;
- group pressure problem;
- honesty at home;
- honesty with oneself;
- sexual morality;
- developing one's convictions on a biblical basis.
Table of contents
1. Honesty: Mission Impossible?
2. Your conscience: friend or foe?
3. How to use our conscience and react to it?
4. Honesty: A Biblical Order
5. The problem of group pressure
6. Honesty and Ethics in the World of Work and Business
7. Honesty at Home
8. Honesty in your studies
9. Honesty in the Church
10. Honesty with Yourself
11. Sexual Morality (Sexuality)
12. How to develop beliefs based on the Bible
Original title: Honesty, Morality, and Conscience
Author: Jerry White
Publication: September 2017
ISBN : 978-2-89082-311-2
Dimensions : 5.5 "x 8.5"
Weight: 238 g