Job offer - Assistant to the Director of Development
Publications Chrétiennes is a publishing house whose goal is to provide tools to the French-speaking church to help them make disciples and train leaders.
Publications Chrétiennes uses social networks to spread biblical teachings throughout the Francophonie and to publicize its works.
This position requires that the person be able to work with minimal supervision and often work alone. The employee will need to be very flexible, given the wide variety of tasks to be performed.
Christian Publications is a work of the Lord, and employees should view their work as a ministry.
The Assistant Director of Development reports to the Director of Development. He must maintain excellent interpersonal relationships with office workers. No staff member reports to the Assistant Director of Development.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the donor database to ensure contacts are updated and tasks are up to date. (3 hours per week)
- Write thank you letters in English and French with the help of the development director and send them to donors no later than 2 weeks after receipt of their gift. (2 hours per week)
- Write, with the help of the development director, two newsletters per month, in English and in French. (4 hours per week)
- Write, with the help of the Director of Development, two blog posts per month on an aspect of our ministry. (4 hours per week)
- Research potential donors or partners to meet and schedule meetings for the Director of Development. (3 hours per week)
- Upon request, assist the Development Director in scheduling meetings. (2 hours per week)
- Be passionate about reading and for the mission of the Church.
- Be a member of a local evangelical church and provide a letter of recommendation from an elder in your church.
- Humility - "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking less of yourself. "CS Lewis.
- Thirst to Serve - Working for Christian ministry is primarily missionary work. The candidate must have the desire to serve the Lord in his work.
- Social Intelligence - Social Intelligence demonstrates good judgment and intuition in the face of the intricacies of dynamics in interpersonal relationships.
- Have excellent written French and English.
- The candidate must be able to quickly learn to work with new technologies.
- 18 hours / week
- The candidate will be hired with a trial period of 3 months from their first day on the job.
- Possibility of some flexibility in the schedule.
- The work will normally be carried out at the Publications Chrétiennes office in Trois-Rivières
- The salary will be $ 15.00 per hour, payable bi-weekly by wire transfer.
- Since the position is a part-time position, there will be no fringe benefits.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Daniel Henderson, Director of Development. < / p>