The MacArthur New Testament Commentary - 2 Peter & Jude (2 Pierre et Jude)
Two epistles containing a striking description of heretics and apostates.
In the second epistle, Peter addresses the dreadful threat of false teachers who would infiltrate the Church.
Jude's eloquent defense of doctrinal purity is particularly necessary in our culture postmodern that considers truth to be relative and advocates tolerance above all else.
Table of contents
Introduction to 2 Peter
1. The Precious Faith of Believers - Part One: Its Source, Its Substance, and Its Full Effectiveness
2. The Precious Faith of Believers - Part Two: Its Certainty
3. An affirmation that Peter leaves as a legacy
4. The Certain Word
5. A Portrait of False Teachers
6. Divine judgment against false teachers
7. Creatures Born To Be Killed
8. The Certainty of the Second Coming
9. Living Expecting the Return of Christ
Introduction to the Letter of Jude
10. Urged to Fight
11. Beware of apostates!
12. Portrait of the apostates
13. The Coming Judgment Against the Apostates
14. Survival Strategy for Times of Apostasy
15. The guarantee of the saints
Index of Greek words
Index of biblical references
Index of subjects
Author : John MacArthur
Original title : The MacArthur New Testament Commentary - 2 Peter & Jude
ISBN : 978-2-89082-118-7
Publication : 2008
Pages : 342
Dimensions : 5.4 "x 8.3"
Format : paperback
Weight : 400 g