God in the dark (Au-delà du doute)
Do you harbor doubts about God? Are you afraid to talk about it? Do you ever doubt God's faithfulness? Are you tormented by questions that challenge your life and beliefs?
In this book, Os Guinness sheds light on the nature of doubt and the different forms it can take. The author helps us analyze our own doubts to discern their dangers, but also their value. It explains how to understand and overcome our doubts, so as to strengthen our faith. As Christians we can say that if we doubt despite our faith, it is also true that we believe beyond doubt.
AuthorOS GUINNESS (D. Phil., University of Oxford) was born in China. He grew up and studied in England before moving to the United States in 1984. He currently teaches at the Oxford Center for Christian Apologetics, England. He has written numerous books and has been invited as a lecturer at several prestigious universities around the world. In his books and speeches, he is particularly interested in subjects relating to social issues.
Table of contents
PART ONE: I AM, SO I DOUBT
1. I believe in doubt
2. Dare to doubt
PART TWO: SEVEN FAMILIES OF DOUBT
3. Forgetting and remembering - Doubt arising from ingratitude
4. Myopic Faith - Doubt arising from a false vision of God
5. Right Choices For Wrong Reasons - Doubt from too weak foundations
6. An unsigned contract - Doubt arising from lack of commitment
7. Clinical death - Doubt arising from lack of growth
8. A Backstage Coup - Doubt Arising from Emotional Rebellion
9. Scars from an old wound - Doubt from inner conflicts
PART THREE: TWO BURNING QUESTIONS
10. Why, O Lord? - Doubt arising from the pressure of mystery
11. How much longer, O Lord! - Doubt arising from impatience
DetailsOriginal title : God in the dark
Author : Os Guinness
Edition : Cruciforme
ISBN : 978-2-924595-35-0
Publication : February 2018
Pages : 234
Dimensions : 5.5 "x 8.5"
Format : paperback
Weight : 286 g
Blog articlesRelativism, Group Thinking and Fragile Faith - Returning to the Gospel
Doubt is not unbelief - Returning to the Gospel