Twelve extraordinary women (Douze femmes extraordinaires)
We should not be surprised that women have played such an important role in God's plan revealed in the Old and New Testaments, given their courage, vision, hospitality and their spiritual gifts. If the women studied in this book were extraordinary, it was not because of their natural abilities, but because of the power of the one true God that they worshiped and served.
You will be challenged and motivated by this poignant and personal look into the lives of some of the most faithful women in the Bible. The struggles they have fought and the temptations they have had to overcome are the same trials that all believers face throughout. And the God to whom they were so devoted is the same God who continues to mold and use “ordinary” people of our time.
Browse through the first pages
Table of contents
1. Eve: mother of all living
2. Sara: Hope Against All Hope
3. Rahab: A Shameful Life Redeemed
4. Ruth: loyalty and love
5. Anne: a portrait of feminine grace
6. Mary: blessed among women
7. Anne: the faithful witness
8. The Samaritan Woman: In Search of the Water of Life
9. Martha and Mary: work and adoration
10. Mary of Magdala: freed from darkness
11. Lydia: God opens a welcoming heart
About the author
Original title : Twelve extraordinary women
Author : MacArthur, John
Publisher : Impact
Publication : 2010
ISBN : 978-2-89082-130-9
Pages : 240
Dimensions: 5.4 "x 8.3"
Format : paperback
Weight : 282 g
* Obtain the study guide to deepen the subject in groups or in a personal way.