<transcy>When I don't desire God (eBook) (Et si je ne désire pas Dieu ? (eBook)) </transcy>
Previously posted under the title: Taking pleasure in God despite everything
** eBook in ePub, Kindle and PDF format **
Do you need help reading our eBooks?
CLICK HERE < / p>
"I earnestly wish to help believers and unbelievers who see the essential change of heart that the Bible requires to live Christianity - in particular, the fact that we should desire God more than anything else ... help those who see that if salvation is not the awakening of a new thirst for God, then it is nothing at all ... I want to help those who understand that conversion not only generates new obligations, but also new desires ... The glory of God is in question. And many, in tears, want to know: “What if I don't want God?” God willing, I would like to help you. »
For many years, John Piper has proclaimed to anyone who will listen that the main purpose of man is to glorify God by continually finding joy in him. He calls it "Christian hedonism."
In this book, the author asserts that our satisfaction in God is essential to demonstrate the inestimable value of God and to encourage sacrifices inspired by love. Jesus supported the cross for the joy that was in store for him. He tasted this joy which sustained him through the deepest suffering. His Father was glorified and his people saved. This is how joy in God works. The most pressing concern therefore becomes: What if I don't have it? From his pastoral heart, with a radical passion for the glory of Christ, John Piper helps us find the answer to this question.
JOHN PIPER is the founder of the Desiring God ministry. For more than 30 years, he was the pastor of a Baptist Church in Minneapolis, United States. He has now retired and is devoting himself to a larger ministry. He is the author of numerous books, many of which have been translated into French.
Table of contents
1. Why I wrote this book - Consent to the sacrifice of love
2. What is the difference between desire and delight? - Let's find out how these two principles form the goal without really being
3. The call to strive for joy in God - Taking God seriously when he asks us to seek our pleasure in him
4. Joy in God is a gift from God - Doing what needs to be done for us yourself
5. The fight for joy is a fight to see - Cherishing God with the eyes of the heart and the ears of the body
6. Struggle for Joy like a Righteous Sinner - Learn the Secret of Bold Guilt
7. The Importance of the Word of God in the Fight for Joy - Assessing the Range of this Mighty Weapon
8. Knowing how to brandish the Word in our fight for joy - Meditate and memorize God's message
9. Prayer in the foreground in the fight for joy - Our desire for God makes us desire everything else
10. The practice of prayer in the fight for joy - Morning, noon and evening, without ceasing
11. Knowing how to handle the world in the fight for joy - Using our five senses to see the glory of God
12. When the darkness does not dissipate - Do what we can while waiting for God - and joy
Original title : When I don't desire God
Author : John Piper
ISBN : 978-2-924595-92-3
Pages : 359
Publication : September 2019