Practical guide to pastoral work (Guide pratique du travail pastoral)
What if an experienced pastor accompanies you?
This manual is a true reference tool for pastors, elders, missionaries, theology students and committed Christians. The opportunity to draw on the experience of a seasoned pastor to address all issues related to the local Church:
- The pastor / elder: his roles, his qualities, his team, his priorities, the transmission of faith, external relations, professional secrecy, support…
- The Church: its purpose, its organization, its administrative dimension…
- Groups: members, managers, various meetings…
- Baptism and the Last Supper, special ceremonies…
- Buildings and finances, community life, cultural diversity…
- Illness, the elderly…
- Young people and children in the Church…
On these and many other subjects, the author sheds light on Scripture and tested by experience. But what gives this book its full breath is the author's passion for God, for the Bible, for the Church and for the ministry.
Why read the book?
- To deepen the different issues of pastoral ministry.
- To benefit from the advice of an experienced pastor.
- To evaluate its own practices and external contributions.
Highlights of the book
- Experienced author and good teacher.
- Address current issues.
- Practical approach.
- Complete guide.
- Any student in institute, faculty and Bible school.
- Any pastor / elder / missionary or person with responsibility in a Church.
- Anyone who wants to get involved and / or understand how a Church works.
- Anyone involved in the administrative life of the Church.
Gordon Margery was born in 1947 in Chislehurst, a stone's throw from London. He was educated at Oxford before joining the Operation Mobilization France team in Fontenay-sous-Bois in 1969. He was part of Church planting teams in Paris XV e , Châteauroux and Brest, before starting a Church himself in Rennes, under the aegis of France-Mission, in 1977. In 1996, he became pastor of a larger, multicultural Church in Ozoir-la Ferrière, within the Evangelical Association of French-speaking Baptist Churches. In 2009, he became pastor of a pioneer Church in Faremoutiers (77), in the same union of churches, before retiring. At the Biblical Institute of Geneva, he successively ensured Introductory New Testament, Introductory Old Testament and Pastoral Theology courses. For several years, he chaired the board of the Evangelical Association of French-speaking Baptist Churches. Married in April since 1974, he has three children of full age and three grandchildren.
Table of contents
PREFACE BY THE AUTHOR
AROUND THE PERSON OF THE RESPONSIBLE
1 PASTEUR, FORMER
2 THE QUALITIES OF THE RESPONSIBLE
4 SPECIAL DIFFICULTIES FOR THE MANAGER
THE RESPONSIBLE AT Œ UVRE
5 THE GOALS OF THE CHURCH ARE THOSE OF THE RESPONSIBLE
6 BUILDING THE PEOPLE OF GOD
7 CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROFESSIONAL SECRET
8 CHURCH DISCIPLINE 99
9 LEADER AND TRANSMISSION OF FAITH
10 LEADER AND HIS TEAM
11 THE SMALL GROUPS
AROUND CEREMONIES AND SPECIAL MEETINGS
13 MEMBERS AND MEETINGS OF MEMBERS
14 PRESENTATION OF CHILDREN AND MARRIAGES
DIFFERENT GROUPS IN THE CHURCH
16 CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
17 THE SICK
18 SENIOR PEOPLE
19 FACING DEATH
20 CULTURAL DIVERSITY
21 FINANCE AND BUILDINGS < br> 22 UNIONS OF CHURCHES
23 THE PASTOR AND THE AUTHORITIES
24 RELATIONS WITH OTHER CHURCHES
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Author: Gordon Margery
Publisher : Éditions clé
Publication: December 2013
Dimensions: 14 x 21 cm
Format : paperback