Basic Biblical Hebrew: Grammar (PDF) (Hébreu biblique de base : Grammaire (PDF) )
** eBook in PDF format **
Need help reading our eBooks?
Clear, understandable, and carefully structured, Basic Biblical Hebrew Grammar by Gary D. Pratico and Miles V. Van Pelt is a reference manual for Bible schools and theological institutes. Its particular approach was developed to help students learn Biblical Hebrew more easily.
Here are some features of this grammar that will help students in their learning:
• It combines all the advantages of inductive and deductive approaches.
• It uses real examples from Old Hebrew Testament instead of creating fictitious examples.
• It emphasizes the structural scheme of the Hebrew language rather than memorizing words, which makes for a simple, enjoyable and efficient learning process.
• It uses different colors inside the book to highlight the main
characteristics of nouns and verbs, which makes it easy to recognize new grammatical forms.
• It includes appendices that present paradigms and verbal diagnostic elements as well as a comprehensive glossary of vocabulary.
When students have understood basic Biblical Hebrew grammar, they will have learned:
• The Hebrew alphabet
• The vocabulary of words that appear 70 or more times in the Hebrew Bible
• The Hebrew nominal system
• The Hebrew verbal system
Basic Biblical Hebrew also offers additional teaching material that can be used along with the grammar manual to help students excel in their studies: a workbook as well as cards containing the vocabulary for each chapter. to help students refresh their memory on linguistic forms, grammar, and word meanings.
MILES V. VAN PELT (Ph.D., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he is also Director of the Summer Institute for Biblical Languages and dean of academic affairs for the Jackson and Brazilian campuses.
GARY D. PRATICO (Th. D., Harvard Divinity School) is Professor Emeritus of the Old Testament at Gordon ‑ Conwell Theological Seminary, where he has been teaching Hebrew for over thirty years.
Original title : Basic of Biblical Hebrew Grammar
Authors : Miles V. Van Pelt & Gary D. Pratico
Publisher : Impact Académia
ISBN : 978-2-924743-10-2
Publication : August 2020
Pages : 571
Format : PDF