The challenges of intercultural mission (Les défis de la mission interculturelle)
Missionaries today are faced with a flood of new ideas and methods designed to help them in their intercultural ministry. The new recruits arrive in their adopted country, overflowing with projects and good principles, but without knowing which to choose.
The book The challenges of intercultural mission aims to help the missionary to evaluate the different approaches in the ministry and to privilege those which place the relations above the programs. Each of the twelve chapters takes up a missiological principle and explains it in understandable terms.
Through Bible studies, illustrations, true stories and practical suggestions, the missionary will be encouraged to interact with people, even before choosing either method.
Why read the book?
- To have a biblical vision of the mission of the Church,
- To apply this perspective to your work,
- To positively approach and solve intercultural problems.
- He will give you concrete suggestions to adapt to your ministry.
- It will renew your vision of the mission of the Church in the world
Highlights of the book
- Renowned and experienced author in the field of missiology.
- Author participating in numerous conferences in France and abroad.
- Serves as a course material at the IBG.
- Subject of interest to all branches of Christianity.
- Reputation of the Reflections-IBG collection.
- Missionary works.
- Church leaders of all Christian movements who work with or send missionaries.
- Students of theology or Bible school / institute.
- Any believer involved in the mission in his assembly (missionary commission ...)
Table of contents
1. The challenge of identifying with the natives
2. The language challenge
3. The balance between the Gospel and social work
4. The Challenge of Telling the Story
5. The Challenge of Making a Decision for Christ
6. The challenge of an indigenous church
7. The challenge of worship and witness
8. The leadership challenge
9. The Challenge of Relations with the Church
10. The challenge of transition
11. The challenge of money and the mission
12. The challenge of the opposition between being & doing
Author : Paul KEIDEL
Publisher : Édition Clé
Publication : 2008
Pages : 256
Dimension : 14 x 21x1.4 cm
ISBN : 978-2-906090-80-4
Format : paperback < / p>