Sustainable evangelization (L'Évangélisation durable)
How can we share the gospel with those around us? Some feel unable to do it, while others feel guilty for never trying. This soothing and concrete book will teach you how to bear witness to Jesus and his message.
In Sustainable evangelization , Franck Segonne responds to the many questions: why evangelize? How to do it wisely? How to overcome the 7 main brakes that stand in the way of our testimony?
The author starts from the metaphor of the farmer to propose a quadruple movement: plow, sow, reap and water. A relevant, biblical and comprehensive process that he embellishes with numerous illustrations, tables, examples and personal questions. Practical and educational, this tool is a reference.
“Evangelization is sustainable when it is considered in a long-term perspective and when it integrates the constraints linked to the sovereignty of God, the missionary mandate, the role of the witness and the welcoming those who hear the Gospel. "
More than a Church program, the author leads us to live evangelization as a way of being, a life to be shared.
This book will help you:
- Identify and overcome the obstacles to evangelization.
- To make evangelization part of a more global mission.
- Discover an original approach to evangelization.
- Living the gospel intentionally.
Highlights of the book:
- Practical, inspiring and biblical.
- Adapted to our French-speaking culture.
- Fruit of 20 years of ministry.
- Pastors, elders and group / activity leaders in a Church.
- Any Christian wishing to get involved in lasting evangelization.
- Every Christian who re-examines their understanding of evangelism.
This book is simply fascinating. Thanks to Franck for opening our eyes to the benefits of sustainable evangelization!
- Raphaël Anzenberger, director RZIM.fr
This book is strongly recommended to those who aspire to a contemporary evangelization adapted to each context.
- Dr. Daniel Liberek, pastor
Franck campaigns for a long-term vision of proclaiming the Gospel, a community activity coextensive with that of discipleship.
- Guillaume Bourin, pastor, blogger
Reading this book made me regret not having had access to it earlier in my ministry.
- Gaétan Brassard, pasteur
… well referenced, biblical and practical, punctuated with “punchlines” and inspirational quotes. Franck has succeeded in putting words to key concepts and applying them to our post-Christian context.
- Thierry Mirone, Church planter
I particularly appreciated his human approach to evangelization and his contribution to little-discussed subjects.
- Philippe Monnery, evangelist
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1: CLARIFYING THE TERMS
1. L 'gospel is…
2. Evangelization is…
3. New Testament terminology
4 . The place of evangelization…
CHAPTER 2: SEVEN BRAKES TO EVANGELIZATION [AND WAYS TO OVERCOME THEM]
1. Our inconsistencies
2. Our lack of intimacy with God
3. The lies of the enemy
4. Our shame of Jesus
5. Our shame of the methods, the tools, the form, the Church…
6. The gradual loss of quality relationships < br> 7. Lack of fruit
CHAPTER 3: EVANGELIZATION IS A WAY OF BEING
1. We evangelize because we are grateful
2. We evangelize because we love
3. We evangelize because we believe
4. We evangelize because hell ex iste
5. We evangelize because it is necessary
6. We evangelize because the Holy Spirit enables us
7. We evangelize because it is our identity
CHAPTER 4: EVANGELIZATION IS A PROCESS
1. A biblical concept
2. A global process
3. The steps of the process
CHAPTER 5: EVANGELIZATION IS A COLLECTIVE WORK
1. Link in a long chain of witnesses
2. Everyone has a role to play
3. The place of spiritual gifts
4. Working as a team
5. Cultivating your garden
CHAPTER 6: DEVELOPING A SUSTAINABLE CULTURE OF EVANGELIZATION
1. How to organize the Church to facilitate lasting evangelization (F. Varak)
2. How to develop a culture of evangelization in your local Church (P. Monnery)
3. A sustainable evangelization project < br>
Annex 1: proof of calculation
Annex 2: metaphors of the church
Author : Franck Segonne
Publisher : Éditions Clé
Publication : March 2020
ISBN : 978-2-35843-135-4
Pages : 286
Dimensions : 15.2 x 22 cm
Format : paperback
Weight : 380 g