Thank you bible (Merci la Bible)
1517, the reform revives the Bible. How has it shaped our society? Can the Bible still do anything for us? Eleven authors respond according to their specialty.
“ What remains five hundred years later of this impetus which restored all its vigor to the Christian faith? This is what Pastor Florent Varak set out to do with this little book written by several authors: not to extol the past, nor to take stock of the Protestant Reformation, but to talk about the present and the future. Each contributor, specialist in a field, shows how the Bible, far from the clichés of obscurantism or incitement to violence that are sometimes attributed to it, has positively shaped our society and remains a particularly relevant guide for men and women of the XXI th century.
You will discover in turn what the notions of human dignity, compassion, non-violence, and grace owe to this ancient book. You will walk with questions from some authors about science, labor, political action, ethics, and how the Bible can shed light on these areas. You will certainly perceive the attachment that all authors have for the God revealed by the Bible and how their thinking is fruitful. And above all, you may want to read this Bible yourself rather than just hearing about it. "
- Extract from the preface by Étienne Lhermenault, President of the CNEF (National Council of Evangelicals of France)
This book will help you:
- Understand the contribution and role of the Bible in the world.
- Address 11 sensitive social issues.
- Go over all the contents of the Bible in 1000 words.
Highlights of the book
- Diversity of authors and subjects: 11 specialists, men / women, experienced / young.
- News: 2017 celebrates 500 years of the reform.
- Easy to read and easy to give : reads like a magazine.
- All ages.
- Young and adult believing or not.
- Those who wish to understand the role the Bible plays in our societies.
Authors : Miscellaneous
Publisher : Clé
ISBN : 978-2-35843-047-0
Publication : April 2017
Pages : 160
Format : paperback
Dimensions : 5, 8 "x 8.3"
Weight : 200 g