What is the Gospel? (Qu'est-ce que l'Évangile ?)
What is the Gospel? The answer seems obvious. Yet the conception of the gospel within Christianity itself is bathed in the greatest confusion.
To understand the gospel, we must turn to the Word of God. This is what Greg Gilbert does. The author first presents various current conceptions of the Gospel. Then he systematically goes through the scriptures to demonstrate that the central structure of the gospel is made up of four main themes: God, man, Christ, our response. This book examines these themes and explores the effects of the gospel on individuals, churches, and the world.
What is the gospel? will help you realize the importance of the gospel and its sharing. This book will equip you to communicate the Good News with clarity and confidence, and will inspire you to praise Jesus, Savior and Lord, for all that he has accomplished for you.
Why read the book?
- To reaffirm what the Gospel is according to the Bible.
- To understand new conceptions on the Gospel.
- To discern modern drifts.
- To extend the reflection started during the IBG seminar “A ministry centered on the Gospel”.
Highlights of the book
- Recommended by D.A. Carson.
- Clear definition of the gospel.
- Good tool for evangelism.
- Reference book for Church members.
- Believers and non-believers.
- Anyone looking for a presentation of the gospel that is both clear and rooted in the scriptures.
Greg Gilbert received a BA from Yale University and an MA in Divinity from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is part of the pastoral team at the Capitol Hill Baptist Church, Washington.
Original title : What is the Gospel?
Author : Gilbert, Greg
Pulisher : Clé / Impact
ISBN : 978-2-89082-175-0
Pages : 126
Dimensions : 5 "x 7"
Weight : 130 g
Publication : 2012
Format : paperback